There are many amazing things we can do with our photographs. One is to combine them and come up with a master photograph. That is, a photograph which includes all the people and fun moments we have had in our lives. Photography editing software can do some of this. However, it can never compare to the art of turning a photo to painting. Looking for the perfect way to capture your family’s memories and bond? Why not create a custom family portrait from several photos? Let us guide you through with pro tips and recommendations.
Some reasons why you should combine multiple photos into one painting include the following:
- Combining multiple photos in one painting enables you to creatively come up with a portrait painting of your liking. Think of combining multiple photos as a reason to unleash your creative talents. Discuss what you want and how you want it with the portrait painters.
- It is cost efficient to have a painting which includes multiple images than separate portrait paintings of multiple pictures. While a collage will demand a larger sized painting and cost you more than the average portrait, if you decide to have each photo as its own painting, it will eventually cost you much more. Also others maybe willing to share the cost.
Many Photos into one Painting
- It enables you to create a new scene. Using multiple photos to create a new painting creates a new scene. This way, you can include all photos you like in one painting.
Add Family from Afar
- People living afar including family, friends, or business associates can be combined into a single painting.
Add Loved ones who have passed
- Allows members of the family who have passed away to be brought back together.
The steps involved in creating such paintings are simple.
First, you need to have a particular theme you would want for the painting. For example, you could have a theme called “baby’s firsts.” With the theme in mind, you are able to get all photos related to this theme and present them to portrait painters. Also, you can share your ideas with the portrait painters on where you would want each photo presented on the final painting. Or it maybe a family portrait painting theme in which your first step will be to select the photos that will be merged into the painting. Taking several photos and combining them into one painting is often done for groups, clubs, companies, weddings, anniversaries and more.
Select an image to use as a base.
To start off, select one photo to serve as a base for the rest of the images. You can choose any photo you'd like, but make sure it's not too blurry and avoid images with too many distracting elements. If the image does have things to be removed the artist can remove them with your instruction. Generally the focus should be on the subjects that will be in the painting.
If there are many people and pets to be combined using an image that is in landscape orientation for your base image can allow more room to work with You may also opt not to use any of your photos background, and instead have the artist paint in a neutral background. Or you can even have the background replaced entirely with a themed background, like a sunset nature background for example.
Choosing your photos to combine
Now that you have your base it's time to gather your photos. While you are going down memory lane hunting for photos here are some tips to help narrow your choices down.
- If possible avoid blurry photos or ones in which the faces are not very clear. Careful since sometimes our amazing brains fill in details and gaps from our memory that are not actually visible in the photo. The artists cannot accurately depict what they don't see.
- Try to use images that have similar lighting. If some photos are taken at night time and some from daytime it will make it trickier for the artist.
- Use higher quality images when possible.
- The angle in which the photos are taken should be similar. In most cases you will need the front of the face. If you send a side view of the image, the artist won't know how the face actually looks when facing forward.
- If you are sending the photos that have more than one person make sure to specify the people that should be included.
Finalizing your multiple photo canvas painting.
Decide what size canvas you would like for your multi picture painting. With many people in the portrait a medium to large size is highly recommended. This way the people in the portrait will be more visible in comparison to a smaller sized canvas. Once you have uploaded or emailed the images to Snappy Canvas with your order, allow at least a few days for them to compose and paint your portrait. There will be a lot of work for the artist, and the cost is higher anytime there are many subjects in the painting for this reason. If it's a family painting other family members maybe willing to split the cost, and a discount can be provided for duplicates of the painting. Create lasting memories with an artistic family portrait made from several beloved photos pulled together into an unforgettable piece of artwork that'll stay in the family for generation!